ORAGON LIBRARIAN 2016 GUIDELINES
I. About the Search
The Philippine Librarians Association, Inc.-Bicol Region Librarians Council (PLAI-BRLC) is conducting a Search for Oragon Librarian 2016. The search bestows honor upon the Professional Librarian by givingspecial recognition to librarians who manifest profound commitment to the development of Librarianship as profession through exemplary competence, remarkable dedication to their work and effective leadership. It singles out Professional Librarians who have made significant contributions to the development and to uplift the librarianship as a profession. They also employ effective, innovative and creative strategies, materials and devices and exert admirable efforts to bring the library closer to the school and consequently, to the community, thereby providing models of excellence in the field of librarianship.
The Philippine Librarians Association Inc. (PLAI)- Bicol Region Librarian Council (BRLC) believes in giving recognition to the outstanding qualities, achievements, contributions, selfless service of a librarian to the region.
The Search is undertaken every two years by the Philippine Librarians Association Inc. (PLAI)-Bicol Region Librarians Council (BRLC).
II. Who is Eligible to Join?
1. The nomination is open to all bona fide members of Philippine Librarians Association Inc. (PLAI) - Bicol Region Librarians Council (BRLC). Except the incumbent officers.
2. The qualification of the nominees must be an active member of the PLAI-BRLC such as:
- Paid the annual dues for 3 consecutive years
- Attended the various activities of the PLAI-BRLC
3. Nominations must include the following attachment in the nomination forms:
- Passport size ID picture, preferably colored with white background
- Photocopy of unexpired Librarian’s license
4. If there is no nomination, the officers of the association shall have the right to nominate in accordance with the qualifications;
III. Criteria for selection:
- Professional Competence: 50%
- Educational Attainment -20
- Trainings / CPE -10
- Experience -10
- Publication -5
- Awards & Recognition -5
2. Programs/Projects Implemented 25%
a. Activities conducted within their own institution
3. Participation to the programs of PLAI-BRLC: 15%
a. Attendance to activities of PLAI-BRLC
4. Participation in Socio-Related Activities: 10%
a. Involvement in Civic Organization
b. Community and Public Citations
IV. The Secretariat
The Secretariat is the search committee for the “Oragon Librarian”. All nomination forms and submission of nomination forms are all course through the secretariat.
The nomination form together with the comprehensive curriculum vitae may be submitted to any of the following officers on or before October 3, 2016.
- Rolando P. Oloteo- Central Bicol State University of Agriculture, San Jose, Pili, Camarines Sur,email add: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Edna San Buenaventura- Ateneo De Naga University, Ateneo Avenue, Naga City, email add: email@example.com
- Elvira O. Asor, Ateneo De Naga University, Ateneo Avenue, Naga City, email add: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Petchie P. Cereno, Regional Trial Court, Naga City Hall Compound, Naga City, email add: email@example.com
- Amy A. Alegre, University of Nueva Caceres, J. Hernandez Avenue, Naga City, email add:
- Paulina B. Breboneria, Bula National High School, Bula, Camarines Sur,e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marrianne A. Sto Domingo, Ateneo de Naga University High School, Pacol Naga City, email add: email@example.com
- Stephanie Granatin, Bicol University, Tabaco, email add: firstname.lastname@example.org